Friday, October 17, 2014
Posted by Janet K at 10:43 AM
Wednesday, October 15, 2014
Posted by Janet K at 2:12 PM
Monday, September 29, 2014
And then theres nights when Presley just disappears and someone else pops out of his shell....
Posted by Janet K at 4:52 PM
Tuesday, September 16, 2014
- Recently, I've become very obsessed with a certain food. This is a food most people have no issues with, but I've had a problem stomaching for years now. What food am I speaking of? Salad. A garden salad or a chicken salad with ranch dressing seemingly makes me the happiest woman in the world right now. It's so strange!
- Danica is still a fan of Kindergarten, with the exception of her nightly homework. (Practicing her letters.) The days have been seemingly wearing her out, as proven when I went and picked her up a day last week, and within 10 minutes, she was in the backseat, looking like this:
- I ran into my old friend, Phillip, whom I haven't seen now in a few years. He's a very talented musician here in the Dallas area and when he was talking to my friend and I walked over, he saw me and went "Woah! Janet! You have different glasses, and your hair is shorter! You look so great!" It was great to catch up and I promised to go see a show of his one day soon, as it's been far too long!
Phillip and Me
- I enjoyed a perfect night on a rooftop pool/hot tub a night last week and I took some beautiful shots of...ya know....the pool and the hot tub.
The hot tub
- I also found a very awesome, hand painted, birdhouse at a friends house last weekend. I had to snap a picture of it because I'm somewhat obsessed with birdhouses right now. I also contemplated throwing it in my purse and running, but we all know that would've never worked!
- Lastly, I took this picture on September 6th, from my car, as I was STOPPED at a light. a storm was approaching ahead of me, while the sun was setting in a clear, beautiful sky behind me. What a beautiful sight. Moments like these make you pause, take a deep breath, and say "God really IS amazing!"
Posted by Janet K at 5:32 AM
Tuesday, September 2, 2014
- The Kindergartener is having the time of her life. With the first week of school in the books, her favorite parts of school are "P.E. and the cafeteria!" I wonder how recess didn't make the list.
- Why is everybody popping out babies lately? I know of THREE people who have given birth in the past 8 days. What is in the water?
- Can I just move into a Starbucks? I just can't get over how wonderful it smells.
- Speaking of scents, last week a friend of mine pointed out to me that Target has a very distinct scent to their stores. I since have went into a different Target location and I can absolutely see (smell!) this distinct scent! Has anyone else noticed it?
- I'm eagerly awaiting for some important paperwork to arrive at my house. I'm pretty much on pins and needles until it arrives. Oh! The anxiety!
- I think I'm the only person on the the face of the Earth who hand writes all of my posts before typing them up. There is just something about putting thoughts on paper first. Need proof? This is how this post began.
- There has been something completely distracting me for the past week and I can't exactly pin-point what it is. It's getting beyond frustrating!
- Natalie and I went to Kohls on Saturday where I ended up buying two (more!) dresses for a grand total of $42. They are both fall/winter dresses, and my logic for purchasing more dresses (I'm a dress addict!) was that I needed dresses for Natalie's wedding showers and all of the bridal functions I'll be attending in the next three months!
- I finally broke down and bought myself a pair of Beats Solo 2, by Dr. Dre. I'm madly, madly, MADLY in love with them!
- Every once and a while, I send M fun little care packages. Last week, I finally made it to the post office and mailed off a fun book, some organic lipgloss, a SkyMall magazine and this card, which totally won her heart.
"I love you nearly as much as Kayne loves himself"
- My friend Michelle just sent me this and I think it's amazing. Have a fantastic week!
Posted by Janet K at 6:35 PM
Monday, August 25, 2014
|Meet the Teacher night|
|Danica and me last fall. Both toting Vera Bradley|
bags...She made "hers" a crossbody like mine!
|Danica caring for the cat when she was sick.|
― Dr. Seuss, Oh, The Places You'll Go!
Today is your day.
You're off to Great Places!
You're off and away!”
― Dr. Seuss, Oh, The Places You'll Go!
First Day of
August 8, 2009
Class of 2027
Posted by Janet K at 11:44 PM
Sunday, August 24, 2014
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
other times there were one set of footprints.
This bothered me because I noticed
that during the low periods of my life,
when I was suffering from
anguish, sorrow or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints.
So I said to the Lord,
‘You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you,
you would walk with me always.
But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life
there have only been one set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most, you have not been there for me?’
The Lord replied,
‘The times when you have seen only one set of footprints in the sand,
is when I carried you.’
Posted by Janet K at 6:54 AM