Thursday, January 22, 2015
Posted by Janet K at 12:31 PM
Thursday, January 15, 2015
|Please excuse how horrid *I* look!|
Sweet Danica, who is five, and in kindergarten, was home from school sick on Tuesday. Albeit not feeling well, she took time out of her morning of resting to draw me a picture. For those of you that don't understand the art of five year olds, she drew me with my cat, under a cloud and the sun, on some grass. She also wrote "I <3 U" on the top, "So (she) doesn't have to say it anymore.
This song came on my radio last night and totally made my day. I texted my friend, Zach, this image with the text, "This is happening right now!" and his response was "Don't go, Jason!" I nearly died laughing. C'mon now, we ALL misheard the lyrics back in the mid-90's!
We all love photos of sunrises and sunsets. I mean, who doesn't? The magical work of God is absolutely amazing! It's just...crazy beautiful! Sorry to disappoint, as I'm not giving you a photo today of a sunrise, nor sunset. Instead, I'm giving you a skyline photograph. I took this photograph Tuesday evening, from the porch of my friends Adrian and Jacob's house. In the foreground, which due to the darkness and fogginess, is barely visible, is the Trinity River. In the background is Downtown Fort Worth. This photo is completely unedited and worth WAY more than 1,000 words!
Posted by Janet K at 4:35 PM
Tuesday, January 6, 2015
- a vanilla latte first thing in the morning.
- cuddling up on the couch with a cozy blanket to watch a chick flick.
- hugs and kisses from the niece and nephew.
- finding a pair of 'boyfriend' jeans that fit amazingly that you just never want to take off!
- figuring out the title and artist of a song thats been stuck in your head for months!
- serious discussions in which you really end up helping out someone.
- a nice scarf.
- a great pair of sunglasses.
- finding the perfect song to describe your mood at the perfect time.
- a Law and Order: SVU marathon.
- a Dance Moms marathon.
- hating a given nickname at first, and then slowly warming up to it, to the point where you may have used that as your name at Starbucks once or twice.
- my new Kate Spade purse.
- being blessed enough to wake up in a safe, warm home every day.
- having my health be somewhat stable for the time being.
- naps with Adrian that look something like this.
- moments of silliness with Danica.
- and for the beauty in the sky when you least expect it.
Posted by Janet K at 8:51 AM
Wednesday, December 31, 2014
Also in 2014, my sweet niece, Danica, started kindergarten...
....and channeled her inner Abby Lee Miller on the day after Christmas when attempting to teach me a "dance" she had learned at after school care.
Mister Adrian is obsessed with trucks and trains and is 100% boy! At last check, he was going to be a garbage man when he grows up, and apparently, in the state of Texas (per Adrian!) you can get a job as a garbage man at the age of three! I'm still wondering why he has yet to apply for the job yet!
He was also pretty stoked to go see Santa on the Sunday after Thanksgiving. (Also, Santa lives across the street from me, which is the most awesome thing in the world, no lines!)
In 2014, I also had to make an emergency trip back home to Buffalo, New York. While I spent a week up there for a somber reason, it was amazing to be surrounded by my extended family and so much love. It is a trip that I will absolutely never forget. For the reasoning and for the love.
So, I guess minus the links, I did semi-do a recap of 2014, in no order what-so-ever! That's just how I roll I guess.
I hope everyone has a very safe, HAPPY New Years! I hope you get to kiss someone at midnight that you care about...I know I will be doing just that!
See you all in 2015!
Posted by Janet K at 5:54 PM
Monday, December 22, 2014
|The beautiful Bride and Me.|
15 minutes before she said "I Do!"
Posted by Janet K at 8:07 PM
Tuesday, November 18, 2014
She was in a rare form, way beyond her normal, hilarious self, and just as dinner was about ready, we decided to take a couple of pictures together.
|"Let's do silly faces, Jan!"|
|Bubble Guppies pajamas!|
|Danica cuddled up against me.|
Hello Kitty pillow getting zero use.
Posted by Janet K at 5:27 AM
Friday, November 14, 2014
|Me with the bride-to-be!|
Posted by Janet K at 11:14 AM